Sunday, June 16, 2013

We head out tomorrow morning!

The reality is slowly starting to sink in that this day has finally come.  Bob has graciously brought me down to Seattle and is staying to see us off tomorrow.  Got the chance to meet the people I am riding with for the next 7 weeks tonight at our pre-ride meeting and dinner. They all seem to be very fine people.  Now I am re-adjusting my gear and repacking my bags (I always pack way too much!).   I am apprehensive.  Have I trained enough?  Will I make it over Snoqualmie pass OK?  Will I hold up on the daily grind?  Then I think of all the support and encouragement I have received from you all over these past few weeks, and my heart is glad again.  Here we come America!   Here we come DC!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you. You are going to have a great adventure. My nephews live in Owatonna MN and I'm going to make sure Greg and Cindy Lammers and Tom and Lisa Lammers know what night you are going to be there. So they can come and give you a treat, or offer you a bed to sleep in and take a shower. Andy, my oldest son, rode his bike across the country a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete