Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 13 Harlowton to Billings MT - 92mi (67mi for me)


This morning started with breakfast at the truck, then off to the road.  We all were going strong and fast.  We were amazed at how effortless it seemed and what good time we were making (turns out it was a gradual downhill).  After our early lunch, the road turned hot and uphill.  For some reason, many of the riders were getting flats today.  I had no flats, but after lunch I started feeling really crummy.  I tried to persist, but at mile 67 of 90 I felt I could not go on and ride safely while feeling so badly.  It is the first day I did not ride the entire route for the day. Sad :(
Caught a ride in to the dorm at Missoula State where we will spend our rest day tomorrow.  I slept away the afternoon, then we all went to dinner under some trees on campus catered by a local restaurant.  It was really excellent food and drink.  Some of the others went out for a drink, but I am still not feeling well and am going to rest up.

Its a team effort out there.  We stop to help each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment