Friday, June 21, 2013

DAY 1 - Seattle to Easton


Well, I made it up Snoqualmie pass!!  The ride went very well.  The group got a couple of extra miles in today ("bonus miles") as we rode out of Seattle (they had trouble reading the que sheets).   The worst climb was the last 7 miles up to the pass.  My asthma was flaring up and the thinning air did not help.  I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath, but oh boy when I reached the top!!!   Day one done, 47 more to go.  Its an early bed for me as I  am on the breakfast prep crew in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning, what a great challenge and wonderful way to the memory of your dad I will be following your trip Bernie and I are so proud of you. I plan to give back to my disease once I get well, came down with the shingles and it is the worst pain I have been in in my life, any way all is well and I will get thru this. Take care I'll be following....love paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula. I am so sorry for your shingles pain.

    ReplyDelete