Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 11 Avon to Townsend MT - 61.5mi

I made it over the continental divide!!!!  A very nice day today.  All of us enjoyed a shorter ride today.  The day dawned clear and stayed that way, but did not get hot.  We had a tailwind helping us up the 11mi climb up to the divide.  I felt a bit dizzy during the last 1.5mi, but I was fresh and it wasn't bad at all.  The descent was great, on a big double lane, with very little traffic.  We all thoroughly enjoyed it!  Could have done that all day.  What fun!  Then the grade lessened but still mostly descended.  We were soon in Townsend and are now enjoying a peaceful, unhurried afternoon at the high school where we are camped.  Dinner will be in town at one of the cafes.  I will post a photo of myself near the divide when I get it sent to me by another rider (my camera wasn't working).
near Townsend MT

camping on the football field

my cozy "home"

2 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over the continental divide! That must be a huge weight off your shoulders, what a milestone. I know that is one thing I would be worried about if I were doing this ride. What altitude did you get to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kath-i am very happy to get that over! 6312ft

    ReplyDelete