Friday, June 21, 2013

DAY 2 - Easton to Vantage,76 miles


Today my group got to get up early to set out breakfast.  It was actually kind of fun.  After riding a stretch on I 90 we rode along a nice blacktop road with a few hills but great scenery.  Then after our morning break we took a state highway along a pretty river in a canyon.  I was enjoying myself so much along here, that I missed the turn off the highway and had to climb back 2 miles up a big hill I had just ridden down.  More "bonus" miles.  After lunch break in Ellensburg, they had us ride out on another state highway that eventually became a nice quiet ride, but at first only had a foot of shoulder and a great deal of traffic!!!!  Very harrowing. There is a tall ridge with large wind vanes on the eastern side of the Columbia.  All you Washingtonians who have been in Eastern Washington have seen it.  Well today i cycled up that ridge and all along it, then came down very fast and cold!  I was very tired today both on and off the bike.  I think the lack of sleep is telling on me.  Hopefully a good rest tonight will help.
Notice the burned trees from the forest fire that occurred here.

No comments:

Post a Comment