Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 7 - Sandpoint ID to Thompson Falls MT - 86mi

Today started out beautifully.  I managed to get an early start and was feeling stronger than ever.  And the scenery was fantastic!  Started out going around Lake Pend Oreille, Then climbed up along the river to the state line of Montana.  All wonderful, pine covered hills and blue skies.  After lunch, my tire grew a strange bulge which made the bike (and me) go bump, bump, bump.  Luckily, Charlton, our ride director, was driving by with the truck.  I flagged him down and he very nicely helped me dig out my spare tire and replaced it for me.  Later we came across an accident where a motorcyclist had struck a deer.  All the other riders had been able to walk their bikes through the scene, but I arrived just as they were loading the unfortunate man into the ambulance and had to wait until they cleared the scene and all the backed up traffic cleared away.  Needless to say, the day was getting late, and I was getting tired.
I ended that day quite exhausted.  Really.  Tired enough to make me begin to doubt whether I could accomplish this trip.  Dinner and bed was so nice!!
Lake Pend Oreille

Into Montana!

No comments:

Post a Comment