Friday, June 21, 2013

DAY 4 - Odessa to Spokane, 77 miles


Last nights sleep was nice and quiet in the school gym.  We woke up to rain.  Sure glad we didn't camp outside!    The rain continued, and continued, and continued.  In fact it is still raining, but no worries- tonight we sleep in a Gonzaga dormitory in real beds.  
Being from the Pacific Northwest, todays rain did not faze me.  In fact I enjoyed the fresh clean air and coolness immensely.  But many of our riders were not prepared for riding in this weather.  I lent my wind jacket to one poor cold rider, and many other articles of clothing were borrowed today.  Still, many of the riders were soaked to the skin and very cold, which made for a hard ride for them.  Thanks to a nice tailwind, we all made good time and were in Spokane by 2:00 jumping into steaming hot showers to get warmed up again.
We rode through the Palouse today.  Very scenic with rolling hills of green growing wheat.  Long gradual hills that weren't too difficult to climb, and long descents which were a joy.  I really enjoyed today.  And tomorrow is a rest day to let our legs recover a bit.  I can't sleep in too much though.  I am scheduled to do an interview on a morning radio show at 7:40 AM.
Warm up for a soaking wet Martha

Really enjoying all of natures gardens!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to read your log today. All sounds like you are doing so wonderfully. Keep pedaling safely. Go Martha!

    ReplyDelete