Friday, June 21, 2013

DAY 3 Vantage to Odessa, 84 miles


The 1st thing we did on todays ride was cross the Columbia River bridge on I 90 all together.  Climbing back out of the gorge took some time.  Then we headed into the eastern Washington farmland. Flat hayfields.  After our lunch break in the rain, we headed up into some very pretty rolling hills with neat rock formations on the ridges & sweet smelling sage.  The rain eventually lessened, then quit.  I enjoyed watching a flock of pelicans soaring in the hills.  Yes, pelicans.  I generally felt better today than I did yesterday, though towards the end of the ride my arms started aching and my seat is complaining.  I was glad to be done.  We get to sleep inside tonight in the Odessa high school gym.  Much quieter here than last nights camp.  very nice.  Looking forward to a good nights sleep!!
Eastern Washington rolling sagebrush hills

1 comment:

  1. I love the area around Thompson Falls! You are getting to see some beautiful places. I won't be meeting up with you on your journey,though,as I had to fly home early to greet my newest granddaughter!
    Good to hear things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete