Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 36 Valpairaiso to Kendallville 109mi

Hard hard day for me.  My legs were hurting from riding hard the day before.  I figured once they warmed up they would be ok, but they screamed at me all day.  Add that to the other issues I was having with my feet and my unmentionables, and it was a pretty miserable day.  109 miles of misery for me today.  I could not enjoy the day.  We went through some neat areas, including an amish area with horse pulled carts and buggies.  One nice thing was the cars in this area were used to having to pass the buggies and the amish on bikes, so they were very tolerant of us also.  In Kendallville the town put on a nice BBQ dinner for us with the mayor and the press and all.  Lots of mosquitoes in the park we camped in.

Isles of corn one way.......

and the other.
The Amish country was very peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment