Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 24 Miller to De Smet SD - 77mi

Half way there!!  Today at lunch we hit our halfway mileage.  It was a good day.  Today our fastest rider, Tim, very nicely pulled several of us along behind him in a pace line all day.  This worked well today as the scenery was just farmland and the terrain was fairly flat.  I never would have been able to keep up if there were hills- hills slow me way down.  We finished our ride in De Smet just after noon, so we hit the local DQ for lunch.  I must admit, I am tired and sore, but it sure was fun.  Camping in a nice park, with internet!  Many of the riders have gone off to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum here.  The weather is beautiful-warm, not hot, with a bit of a breeze.  Tomorrow we head into Minnesota.  We are amazed we are this far already.
Celebrating reaching halfway!

L to R: Jeff E, Tom, Nelle, Luke, John, me, Laura, Kendall, Tim, Jeff S, Melanie, Jenny, Cara, Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment