Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 35 Coal City, IL to Valparaiso, IN - 84mi

Did not see much of the scenery today, though what I did see was nice.  Soon after I left camp, I jumped on the Tim train behind Kendall.  I ended up riding with them all day, which was quite a workout for me to keep up, and only possible because they waited for me to catch up after the hills I fell behind on.  What nice gentlemen!  I really appreciated them letting me tag along, since there was a headwind for us today and this made things much much easier for me.  We were done with 84mi by noon.  The rough roads added to the fatigue factor.  We get to stay in air conditioned dorm rooms today.  Cushy beds and laundry facilities!  Great for getting ready for the next few days.  Early to bed for tomorrows 110mi day.
The Gemini Giant!

Kendall and Tim - my riding buds for the day.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that i'm so grateful that you are doing this.I love that i can follow you on your blog. Stay strong, and we cant wait to hear all your stories when you get back!

    ReplyDelete