Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 48 Washington DC!!


MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! The day started early for me, as I started dealing with more dizziness and nausea around 2 am.  After we stopped at McDonalds for some breakfast (I could only drink coffee) we headed out to finish our ride!  Even though I was feeling crappy, I must say it was a very pretty ride through some nice natural areas and beautiful neighborhoods, then continuing on a nice trail into the city.  I even managed to get in a few more "bonus" miles on a wrong turn, then backtracking.  Once in DC, Olivia, Melanie, and Jenny managed to find me, and we quickly rode down towards the Capitol Building to get some pics.  Before the big finish, a former alumnus fed us great greek food from his restaurant near the finish line.  Then we queued up and rode in one by one to reap our glory.  Such sweet success!  Charlton, Lynn, and Tom presented us with medals, certificates, and hugs.  My sister and niece were there to cheer me in and welcome me.  They had printed up some Big Ride posters as a gift for each of the riders.  How sweet.  Thank you Kathy and Paige!






Luke at the finish

A happy bunch

Muscles

Washington DC!!

Happiness

Sharkbait thinks the water looks nice

Queuing up for the big finish

Kendall rides in with his Monster.....

....and finishes

No comments:

Post a Comment