Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 47 Gettysburg PA to Poolesville MD - 60mi

Another new state

Headed out of Gettysburg on the road we started our tour the day before, so we passed through the battlefields and some monuments on the way out.  It was a pretty morning with some fog in the bottoms.  Felt good and made good time.  When some of the group caught up with me when I stopped briefly, we all decided to hit a nearby McDonalds for 2nd breakfast.  Good decision.  Soon after that, Luke and I had trouble finding a turn we needed to make and ended up traveling the rest of the day together.  Which was a good thing since soon after the lunch stop some quick hills we travelled over made my head start to spin.  I was feeling rather awful after that, but Luke stayed with me and helped guide me in.  Thank you Luke!  At camp the dizziness continued.  Tom lent me his chair, Olivia gave me some Advil and ginger ale, Tim put up my tent and cot for me,  Lynn put a pad down in the van for me to lie on, and others asked if they could help me.  I am so lucky to be traveling with such a caring group of people.  Dinner was a nice get together at a restaurant in town with everyone to enjoy each others company before we part tomorrow.

Luke chillin at Mickey D's

Time for 2nd breakfast
Olivia, John, and Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment