Sunday, May 26, 2013

oops

Well yesterday, for the first time in a few years, I hit the pavement.  Happened at a badly maintained RR crossing I was unfamiliar with out in the county.  Suddenly my front tire was going one way, and me and the back of the bike was going another.  I'm sure this was all very entertaining to the two young men coming the other way in a pickup!  They were very nice, however, and stopped to make sure I was OK and to offer their assistance.  Luckily, the only damage was a little road rash and a twisted seat post - easily straightened.  I was even able to finish the ride.  I am sure I am keeping my guardian angel very busy these days.  Perhaps now I am pre-disastered for my trip!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Martha,

    Glad to hear you are OK after your RR crossing fall. Our little group in 2012 had some RR track falls also, just a little bit of rain, making the rails and wood slippery, a slight angle of the road, and some folks were down and scratched up. Wishing all of you on the 2013 Big Ride the absolute awesome most best. WooHOO !!!

    ReplyDelete